Menu Button
City Logo
Search Button

Claims Against the City

Turlock Municipal Code Chapter 2-10

Claims for money or damages for death or bodily injury or damage to personal property or growing crops must be filed within 6 months of the incident or injury

Government Code 911.2

Complete the claim form in its entirety. Incomplete forms will delay processing and could be returned to you.

City Claim Form

Your claim will be forwarded to the City's claims adjuster for investigation. Following that, your claim will be either accepted, rejected, or settled in part. You will be notified by mail.

If your claim is rejected, you will have 6 months from the date of rejection to file a lawsuit against the City (Government Code 945.6). Our hope is that you will be treated fairly. If you have any questions, please call (209) 668-5540.

Please return the completed claim form to:

City Clerk
City of Turlock
156 S. Broadway, Suite 230
Turlock, CA 95380-5456

Please be sure to keep a copy for your records.


Information regarding filing an appeal can be found under TMC 1-4.
Turlock Municipal Code Chapter 1-4

To contact the City Clerk, please contact:

City Clerk's Office
156 S. Broadway, Ste. 230
Turlock, CA 95380-5454
(209) 668-5540
Monday - Friday, 8AM - 5PM

Icons made by Freepik from is licensed by CC 3.0 BY